If you’ve experienced a hurricane, a flood, or even a violent tropical storm, you already know the toll it can take on your home or commercial building, both inside and out. After such an event, the structure may be dirty, stained; and coated with algae. You may need to get a thorough exterior washing by a professional service.
The three main types of washing are:
- pressure washing
- power washing
- Soft washing
Pressure Washing uses high water pressure to eliminate dirt, mold, mildew, and other debris. It is different from power washing because it uses water at a normal temperature. It’s the force of the water, rather than the temperature, that eliminates the grime and dirt.
Pressure washing is for exterior surfaces such as decks, patios, sidewalks, and patios. These hard surfaces need the additional strength of a pressure wash to remove the hazardous materials. Pressure washing is done with heavy machinery running at a very high speed, and should not be attempted by novices.
Power washing uses heated water to remove dirt, mud, mildew, mold, and other contaminants from the exterior of a building.
Soft washing uses eco-friendly chemicals to clean the outside of a home or commercial building. The chemical solution is applied and left on for a few minutes. This allows the cleaner to be absorbed into the siding, so it can break down dirt, mold, mildew, and other debris. It is then rinsed to get rid of the dirt, as well as all vestiges of the solution.
Beacon Roof & Exterior Cleaning uses the soft washing process to good effect. It is a safe and effective process that lasts much longer than pressure washing.
People often think about having their roof, sidewalks, and driveway cleaned but end up neglecting the outside of their home altogether, or just think that a quick rinse is good enough for the exterior.
As a general rule, your home or commercial structure should be washed every year to make sure it is clean and healthy. Florida’s humid environment can increase the risk that mold, mildew, and debris will accumulate, so it may be necessary to wash it twice a year.
However, there are several benefits to having a professional wash the outside of your home or commercial structure:
- A professional washing will remove some of the grime that makes your home look older.
- A good cleaning will make your home look well-maintained, and this adds to its value.
- It increases curb appeal. If the outside of your home is well maintained, people will be more likely to want to look inside. While the actual value of your home is important, the curb appeal of your home is just as critical when it’s time to sell your home. When people are looking for a new place to live, they usually won’t even enter one if the exterior looks shabby.
- Washing gets rid of some of the factors that make your home look old.
- It extends the life of your exterior paint and siding.
- It’s healthier.
- Washing removes the grit and chemicals that can eventually chew away at the exterior of your home or building and damage the structure.
- A good cleaning will make your home look better maintained.
If you’re interested in saving money on replacement costs and increasing the value of your commercial property, contact Beacon Roof & Exterior Cleaning today for a free quote.
Remember, if you’ve experienced a hurricane, a flood, or even a violent tropical storm, your home or commercial building may be dirty, stained; and coated with algae. You may need to get a thorough exterior washing by a professional service.
If you are in need of a power washing to the exterior of your home, contact Beacon Roof Beacon Roof & Exterior Cleaning for a thorough washing.
Beacon Roof & Exterior Cleaning specializes in washing and treating the roofs and exteriors of both homes and businesses. The company is fully licensed and insured and offers a three-year spot-free warranty.